Here are some things you can do to sell your home in Bedford!
Keep in mind selling your home is a competition! You’re home has to stand out from the other homes in Bedford. You need to be better than the others in your price range. Imagine you’re shopping for a computer, there are two the same price. The both have the same processor, hard drive space, RAM, and monitor, but one has a better keyboard/mouse combo, more software, and a blue-ray. Which one are you going to buy? The one with all the extras, of course and that is why your home will sell first.
1. Look at your home as if you were going to buy it! How is the traffic flow? Removing some furniture or decorations will open up the space, allowing the home to “flow”, it makes the rooms look larger, and makes visitors feel more comfortable. When selling – less is always better!
2. Get excesses furniture and decorations out of the home–keep the focus on the home’s architectural features – Things you don’t want donate to charity, take things you want to a storage unit. Buyers are shopping for homes, not your possessions, keep them out of site.
3. Clean! This will cost you nothing but a few hours and may be one of the most important steps. Keep your Bedford home “inspection ready” at all times!
4. Master bedrooms and baths should be gender neutral – Make sure colors and décor are not to masculine or feminine, you want to appeal to the masses here! Remember you goal is to sell your Bedford home!
5. Painting the interior of your Bedford home is a great return on your investment! It doesn’t cost much but make a giant impact. Create a uniform color palette throughout your Bedford home with neutral colors! Choose taupes, beiges, creams and grays- see above about appealing to the masses! Another bonus is these colors go with almost any decor. Add some color via pillows or art work.
6. Appeal to the masses, look at upscale hotels online–They are clean, crisp, clutter free, updated. I know you will find this hard to believe, but some homes in Bedford have outdated paint colors, wall paper, and borders! See paint above! There are many homes on the market today; buyers can be picky and rightfully so! It’s a competition, see above! Trust me, the one person who love your teal green living room enough to buy it isn’t coming for a long time. Paint it now, sell it now! Don’t paint and wait……
7. Bedford area buyers will be looking in your closets, cabinets, attics and basements Organize what you must keep, and store the rest. People want to know their stuff will fit in the storage areas.
8. Fix the small stuff,-broken screens, running toilets, door hinges, leaky faucets and door bells – If you don’t fix a leaky faucet what else didn’t you fix? Don’t let a $5 repair cost you a good buyer!
9. Let light in! Open blinds, curtains…. Make your home look bright and warm… Here is a hint; nobody wants to live in a dark gloomy home. Have soft light son, if the weather is good, leave the windows open!
10. If you can’t be objective call Wendy Witt or Scott Fogleman, Bedford’s Real Estate team! Don’t trust selling your Bedford home to anyone. The Witt-Fogleman team have the experience, knowledge, and the skills to sell your home for the most money in the shortest time possible!
- Bedford Red Day 2011 at the Bedford YMCA (wittfogleman.com)
- The Locust c1851 Historic Antebellum Bedford Home for Sale (wittfogleman.com)
- Just Reduced- Home in Goode- Built to impress! (wittfogleman.com)